Flanking of sound through a floor/ceiling assembly can reduce STC (airborne noise) or IIC (impact noise) ratings 10 points or more versus non-flanked sound control construction. Frequently used in conjunction with other Kinetics sound isolation products, Wallmat creates a resilient break to stop sound or vibration from flanking around a sound rated assembly. Rubber bushing assemblies (KAI) used at each anchor point through the top and bottom plates of the stud wall ensure effective isolation.
Wallmat - Stud Wall Isolator
- Uses Kinetics’s KIP Isolator technology
- Easy to install 48″ long pre-cut mats
- Available in standard widths, 3″ and 5″
- Special widths as required for your project; optional coating available for wet area installations – ask for prices
- Continuous resilient support of the partition
- Engineered for a wide range of stud wall loads
- Use KAI anchor isolators for 100% resilient separation
- Use for both top and bottom plate installation
- Can be used in UL Rated assemblies
Kinetics Wallmat stud wall isolator is a molded fiberglass mat which resiliently decouples a sound-rated wall from non-isolated structure. Isolation is ensured with the use of KAI anchor isolators which keeps fasteners decoupled from the framing. Apply Wallmat continuously along the bottom and top plates of a stud wall wherever acoustical isolation is required to reduce flanking and maintain a fully effective sound-rated assembly. Wallmat may be customized for your special project requirements.