KIP-RT - Rooftop Equipment Pads
KIP-RT fiberglass rooftop equipment pads are used to control vibration that is being transmitted from rooftop equipment — installed between roof mounted equipment and the supporting curb.
Kinetics KIP-RT fiberglass pads are used to control vibration that is being transmitted from rooftop equipment. KIP-RT is 1.75″ wide x 48″ long and is installed between roof mounted equipment and the supporting curb.
- Isolation that will work in conjunction with internal vibration isolation to reduce the rooftop casing radiated noise.
- Fiberglass media will maintain consistent isolation characteristics over a wide temperature range versus natural rubber, neoprene, or other elastomeric pads.
- Easy to install for new or retrofit applications.
Rooftop Equipment Pads
KIP-RT fiberglass noise, shock, and vibration isolators offer many advantages versus natural rubber, neoprene, or other elastomeric pads. Uniquely permanent and dynamically predictable, due to precise manufacturing methods using inorganic materials, this isolation media provides freedom of design and use unprecedented by any other material.
KIP isolator is a high-density matrix of compressed molded fiberglass; individually coated with a flexible, moisture impervious elastomeric membrane, designed to allow controlled air movement in the fiber media. The pumping action of air between fibers provides viscous damping, reducing motion caused by transient shock and vibration.
KIP fiberglass is non-corrosive, non-combustible, non-absorbent, and resists rust, ozone, mildew and fungus. It is vermin proof, will not shrink, swell, or decompose. Isolation characteristics of the media are constant over a temperature range of -40°F to 250°F (-40°C to 121°C).
- Ships partially or fully assembled
- Noise and vibration control
- Horizontal and vertical seismic and wind restraints
- Multiple spring deflection options
- Universal fit, compatible with most curb-mounted equipment
- Continuous air- and water-tight seal strip
- KSR 2.1 – 1″ deflection and KSR 2.2 – 2″ deflection
- Airborne noise control package
- Flexible duct connector supports
Add an “in curb” acoustical treatment to Kinetics ESR vibration isolation curb to control breakout noise from equipment fans and compressors into the space below.
RT-7 Acoustical Treatment
STC 37 / 47 / 52 / 60
Exclusively from Kinetics Noise Control, specially designed to control breakout noise from rooftop equipment in curbs, RT-7 is a cost-effective solution and a contractor favorite due to its light weight and overall ease of installation.
NOISEBLOCK™ Acoustical Panels
STC 40 / 43 / 48 / 52
Kinetics versatile NOISEBLOCK acoustical panels are double-walled perforated metal panels. For rooftop equipment, Kinetics specifies 22-gauge perforated panels that are manufactured to fit and laid into the bottom of the curb delivering superior sound absorption (noise reduction) and transmission loss (noise blocking).
KRT Restraint Toggle
SEISMIC AND WIND RATED
Designed to secure attachment of unit to the roof curb. Kinetics KRT Restraint Toggle design allows for a secure attachment without requiring access to the inside of the curb, thus reducing number of restraints required and field labor.