Quietslab MF mineral fibre slabs are manufactured from long stranded mineral fibres that are thermo-set with resin into slabs.
- Excellent thermal and acoustic insulation.
- Fire and temperature resistant.
- Chemically inert.
- Cost effective and easy to install.
- Vermin and rot proof.
- CFC and HFC free.
Facings and Coverings
Quietslab MF mineral fibre slabs are available in a wide range of coverings and facings; a brief selection of coverings and facings available include:
- Class ‘O’ foil facing.
- Glass tissue scrim 60 gm/m2 (black and white).
- Glass cloth 200 gm/m2 (black and white).
- Melinex polyester film.
- Ceramic paper.
CMS MF mineral fibre slabs are also available laminated with mass barrier materials for acoustic insulation applications. Laminates include:
Polymeric mass barrier – 5 7.5 and 10 kg/m2
Lead sheeting – 5 10 and 15kg/m2
Standard slab sizes are: 1200 x 600mm.
Standard slab thicknesses are: 25, 30, 40, 50, 60, 75 and 100mm.
Standard slab densities are: 33. 45, 60, 80, 100, 128, 140, 160 and 200 kg/m3.
Minimum density for 25mm thick is 45kg/m3.
Maximum thickness for 160kg/m3 is 50mm.
Maximum thickness for 200kg/m3 is 60mm.
Non standard slab sizes and thickness are available upon request.
Quietslab MF mineral bonded slabs conform to the following specifications:
BS 476 Part 4 – Non combustible (plain)
BS 476 Parts 6 & 7 – Class ‘O’ (faced)
Resistance to compression (BS EN 826:1996) – Density kg/m2
|Stress to give 10% compressions (kN/m2)|
|Stress to reach elastic limit (kN/m2)|
|Displacement at 5kN/m2 Stress (%)|
|Density 33 kg/m2|
|Density 60 kg/m2|
|Density 100 kg/m2|
|Density 140 kg/m2|
(BS 874:1973 Cold face 40°C)
|Mean Temp. °C|
|*Measured with a cold face temperature of 0°C|
Quietslab MF mineral fibre slabs can be used up to a maximum temperature of 850UC, but this can vary depending on the compostion of the slab / product. The phenolic resin used to bond the slabs is resistant to temperatures up to 230”C, and above this some resin wil be lost to the hot surface causing discolouration.
Quietslab MF mineral fibre slabs provide excellent sound reduction characteristics by both impending the transmission of sound and by absorption of the sound at the surface.
Absorption coefficients – Frequency (Hz)
Quietslab MF mineral bonded slab is a particularly versatile product that has a wide range of applications, typical applications include:
- 33 kg/m3 density slab is ideal for acoustic enclosures.
- 45 kg/m3 density slab is ideal for acoustic enclosures and duct lining.
- 60 kg/m3 density slab is ideal for acoustic enclosures, duct lining and lagging, partitions and floors.
- 80 kg/m3 density slab is ideal for acoustic enclosures, duct lining and lagging, partitions and floors.
- 100 kg/m3 density slab is ideal for duct lining, partitions and floors.
- 140 kg/m3 density slab is ideal for sound baffles, duct lining, partitions and floors.
- 200 kg/m3 density slab is ideal for sound baffles, duct lining, partitions and floors.
In addition to supply of this product CMS Danskin Acoustics offers a competitively priced installation service anywhere in the UK. Use of our service ensures that installation is performed to the highest standards by tradesmen fully experienced in the specialist skills of fitting acoustic materials correctly. For further details contact our technical team on 01925 577711.
- Acoustic Wall Solutions
- Acoustic Floors
- Acoustic Ceiling Products
- Absorption & Reverberation
- Acoustic Enclosure Panels
- Acoustic Facings & Ancillaries
- Acoustic Barriers & Damping Sheets
- Industrial Acoustic Wall Linings
- Acoustic Duct Linings & Laggings