Regupol 4515 Multi Acoustic Underlay
Regupol acoustic flooring materials have been used successfully in such high-profile and diverse projects as The Shard, the Sterling-prize winning Everyman Theatre, the exclusive Four Seasons Hotel and the Royal Shakespeare Theatre, as well as Waitrose and Sainsbury’s supermarkets. To find out how Regupol will work for your project, call 01925 577711.
Regupol® 4515 Multi acoustic underlay is compatible with all types of floor finishes including ceramic tiles sheet vinyl and vinyl tiles wood and laminates carpet and marmoleum/linoleum.
- Independently tested under laboratory controlled conditions and on-site using UKAS accredited. and ANC approved bodies respectively to show compliance with the new building regulations in accordance with Approved Document E 2003. When used in acoustic floors under Part E of the Building Regulations and Robust Details is accepted by the NHBC.
- Highly sustainable and completely recyclable.
- Offers long term performance without collapse or “bottoming” out under high point loads.
- Resistant to ageing and deformation.
- Quick and easy to install. Simply bond to the subfloor beneath the final floor finish.
- Reduces construction heights.
- Suitable for both new build and refurbishments.
- High quality and exact material thickness guaranteed.
- Suitable for use with under floor heating.
- Very comfortable under foot.
- Suitable for all floor finishes including ceramic/stone tiles.
- Due to no rubber content Regupol® 4515 Multi acoustic underlay does not cause plasticizer migration when used with certain adhesives and floor finishes such as vinyl linoleum and light coloured carpets.
With Regupol® 4515 Multi acoustic underlay laid on all floor types, all constructions pass the performance requirements as quoted in ADE 2003. We are happy to supply further information and independent test certificates on actual performance figures, please contact us direct.
*Diagrams for example purposes only
- Ceramic Tile
- Wood & Laminate
- PVC Flooring
Please refer to the correct PDF installation data sheet for your choice of floor covering. Just click on the ‘Downloads’ tab.
All diagrams are for example purposes only.
CMS Bond 100 High Performance Acoustic Sealant for Use with Regupol® 4515 Multi Acoustic Underlay
based acrylic dispersion with very good bond strength. It is suitable for plasticized vinyl floor coverings (including PVC tiles) together with high density foam backed carpets.
- Suitable sub-flooring substrates include concrete, flooring grade hardboard, plywood, chipboard, sand/cement screed, proprietary good quality self-smoothing underlayments. Asphalt and surface membranes should be treated with at least a 3mm coating of the latter before applying the adhesive.
- Site conditions should comply with the latest British Standards editions: BS 8102 (Code of Practice for protection against moisture from the ground), BS 8203 (Code of Practice for installation of resilient floor coverings), BS 5325 (Code of Practice for installation of textile floor coverings), BS 8204 part 1 (Code of Practice for installation of self levelling screeding compounds), and supplementary specifications.
- Surfaces must be level, firm and clean, free of loose material, mould, oil, grease, organic growth and surface moisture (under 75% RH).
- Uneven, dusty or friable surfaces should be treated with the appropriate universal primer and screed.*
- It is essential that suitable damp proof membranes be in place to prevent rising damp.*
- Under floor heating should be turned off for at least 48 hours prior to and after application.
- Particular attention must be paid to the floor covering manufacturer’s instructions. i.e. any pre storage conditions prior to fitting.
- Use a notched trowel of dimensions 1.5mm x 5mm or as CFA guidelines.
- Heavy textured floor coverings may require a larger towel.
- Apply adhesive evenly to the substrate and depending on the substrates lay the floor covering while still wet. It is best to allow the freshly applied adhesive to stand for 15-45 minutes depending on the ambient conditions, to build tack before embedding the floor covering.
- Press firmly into place and rill using a 60/70Kg roller or glider depending on material used. Roll again approximately 1 hour after application.
- Wait at least 24 hours before welding vinyl seams.
Clean tools with water if adhesive is still wet or use white spirits if it has dried.
|Open Time||15 minutes plus depending on site conditions: Temp, humid & surfaces to be treated|
|Shelf Life||12 months if stored between 5-30°C in a dry area, in original unopened containers.
Protect from frost.
|Product Technical Information|
|Curing||High humidity, a low temperature and poor ventilation will retard the drying speed|
|Coverage||3m2/kg depending on the porosity of the substrate and thickness of the adhesive film.|