Regupol E48 Acoustic Flooring Material for Under Screed
- Regupol® E48 acoustic flooring material has been independently tested by UKAS and ANC Approved bodies in both the laboratory and on-site respectively to show compliancewith the new building regulations in accordance with Approved Document E 2003.
- Approved by NHBC for ADE 2003 compliance.
- Designed to reduce impact noise from high loads having a maximum load bearing capacity of 30kN/m2(3000kg/m2).
- Excellent impact and airborne performance.
- Offers long term performance without collapse or “bottoming” out under high point loads.
- Minimal creep even under high loads.
- Resistant to ageing and deformation.
- Quick and easy to install. No need for separate perimeter strips.
- Minimises construction heights.
- High quality and exact material thickness guaranteed.
- Suitable for use with underfloor heating.
- Protects expansion joints.
Regupol® E48 acoustic flooring material is used under all types of floor screeds in most new build constructions such as; Apartments, schools, hospitals, hotels, libraries and supermarkets.
(ISO 140-8 / ISO 717-2)
(DIN EN 29052-1)
** Building Regulations Approved Document E (2003) requirements 62dB or less
Important Steps Before Laying Regupol® E48 Acoustic Flooring Material
- Prepare the base floor. It is important that the base floor is clean, (free from loose dirt and concrete dust) flat, (within National Building Standards +/-5mm over a 5m span) and dry.
- Unroll the Regupol®. When the product is rolled up it stretches slightly. Unwind each roll where it is to be installed and leave it for a few hours before measuring or cutting to length.
- Please check that you have the correct number of Regupol® Corner Pieces. One Regupol® Corner Piece should be used for each internal corner.
Laying Regupol® E48 Acoustic Flooring Material
- The Regupol® must be laid dimple side down. Use a sharp craft knife and straight edge for cutting to size.
- Position the Regupol® Corner Pieces into each of the internal corners, with the bottom folds laid flat on the sub-floor for stability purposes(see Fig. 1).
- Unroll a full width piece of Regupol® E48 acoustic flooring material making allowance for the 100mm upturn at each end. Cut a 230mm x 230mm square piece from the Regupol® E48 acoustic flooring material in the corner that will overlap the corner piece. Move the Regupol® E48 acoustic flooring material to overlap the Regupol® Corner Piece and turn it up each wall by 100mm. Ensure that all overlapping edges are taped with Regupol® tape (see Fig. 2).
- Overlap all joints (both along and across the roll) by at least 50mm and tape all joints using Regupol® tape only (see fig. 3).
- Turn up edges at walls to ensure the screed will not touch the walls and is of sufficient length to lap under the wall linings and skirtings (we recommend the length be 100mm) (see Fig. 4a).
- Lay a waterproof membrane (eg. Visqueen), minimum of 0.2mm thick over the entire area (see Fig. 4b). Overlap all joints by at least 100 mm and tape all joints using Regupol® tape only.
You can now cast the screed taking the usual precautions to avoid damaging or moving the membrane and the Regupol® E48 acoustic flooring material.
Regupol® Corner Pieces have been specifically designed to isolate internal corners where floating screeds are used and will complement both Regupol® E48 and Regupol® 7210 acoustic underscreed materials, the former of which is now a proprietary product on Robust Details no. E-FC-6.
Regupol® Corner Pieces eliminate the worry associated with the cutting/fitting of acoustic materials into internal corners, which can be deemed as ‘weak’ spots.
Dimensions: 297mm x 197mm x 5mm c/w perforated sections
- RD Approved when used in conjunction with RD No. E-FC-6.
- Can be used with both Regupol E48 and Regupol 7210C acoustic underscreed materials.
- Provides acoustic isolation of all internal corners.
- Eliminates the need for accurate cutting of acoustic underscreed materials to fit the internal corners, hence saving time and labour costs.
- Supplied in easy to handle pads with perforated tabs for ease of application.
- Very stable and requires no additional restraint prior to the casting of the screed.
- Very simple to install. Please refer to guidelines.
- Provides the installer with total piece of mind.
- A very simple and cost effective solution.