- Specifically designed for refurbishment of timber floors
- Approved as Doc E compliant for conversion and new build standards
- Minimises construction height
- Good low frequency sound insulation enhancement
- Cost effective solution for timber constructions
- Also ideal for precast and beam and block floors
- Ideal for refurbishments
Flanking Band to ensure efficient operation
- Ensure that floors are level and clean with no protruding nail/screw heads in floor
- Fill all voids between walls and floor
- Butt boards tightly together
- Joints should be bonded using CMS SoundDeck adhesive (nails/screws should never be used)
- Install SoundDeck Flanking Band around the perimeter of the floor to isolate flooring boards from walls and skirtings.
- Reduce both airborne and impact noise.
- Isolates acoustic flooring system from adjacent structures.
- Suitable for use in both commercial and residential applications efficiently limiting the passage of flanking noise through the floor and walls.
- Pre-scored on one side for ease of application.
- Available in standard and customer widths.
- Flexible and easy to cut.
- Simple to install.
- Cost effective.
The CMS Flanking Band is applied around the perimeter of acoustic flooring systems to reduce airborne and impact noise and is suitable for use in both commercial and residential applications, efficiently limiting the passage of flanking noise through the floor.
The CMS Acoustic Flanking Band is ideal for new, retrofit or renovation projects in offices, homes and hotel applications as it is so easy to fit and can be used with acoustic battens, acoustic cradles and acoustic decking.
Flanking band isolates the flooring system from adjacent structures. The band is trapped against the wall and returned down over the flooring. The skirting board is then fixed to the wall securing the flanking strip between the skirting board and the SoundDeck. After the skirting board is installed, simply trim the flanking strip flush with a sharp trimming knife.